Wednesday, December 19, 2007

About that trip to Africa...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

About that trip to Africa...

December 2006

Friends! Hello, I hope this letter finds you blessed, tangled in meaningful relationships, eagerly anticipating the season, and aware of God's love for you. And mine, too, for that matter.

Chances are, we've been in touch lately, and you know the incredibly surprising turn my life will be taking in the next few weeks. Crazy, huh?!!? Africa? Now? Me?!? Ooh my… How can I say no, though? There is a 5th grade class waiting for me at the African Bible College Academy, among multitudes of other reasons! And as I'm learning about all the other opportunities that I will have when I live in Malawi (one of the most densely populated African countries and one of the poorest countries in the world) I'm anticipating these next 6 months more and more.

Recently, I have been learning that even though we may want to, God doesn't let us do life on our own. You know how independent I'd like to be, but* how God desires for us to support one another through our journeys**. Be my friend while I'm gone, please! In my previous times away, I've learned that one of the hardest parts is being far from people who know me deeply and love me anyway. I miss knowing your present joys and struggles, and all the little things that come with sharing life in the way we're meant to. Thankfully, I'll have e-mail, so as long as we can keep in touch,*** the fact that we're on completely opposite sides of the globe shouldn't matter to much. I'll be praying for you, and please remember me as well when you are talking to The Big Guy. He'll have a much better idea of how to take care of me while I'm over there than I can offer right now.

So until next time, take care, and remember that we're blessed…we're so inconceivably blessed, and there is a certain joy that comes with being responsible with that. For me, right now, this looks like heading out to Malawi, Africa, so here I go!

For His Children,

Lisa#2

*If you've just sighed and rolled your eyes, thinking "Not another one of these kinds of letters!" I sincerely ask you to fold this letter up now, toss it, and just know that I may not be able to return any phone calls for a while. I do not want to be a burden to anyone. On the other hand, if for some reason you're getting giddy with the prospect of being able to help and give, please continue reading.


** I've been asked to raise $800 / month for the 6 ½ months I'll be in Malawi, to cover my living expenses – groceries, electricity, etc… Your help is so appreciated! You may send any monthly or one time support checks in my name to African Bible College, Inc. P.O. Box 103, Clinton, MS 39060. Everything is tax deductible and all that jazz. Again, thanks so so much!

*** Lisa Kowalski c/o African Bible College, P.O. Box 1028 Lilongwe, Malawi, Central Africa LaLaLady911@hotmail.com http://www.myspace.com/lalalady911 http://lalalady911.myphotoalbum.com


T r u e L o v e & H i g h A d v e n t u r e !

No comments: